The Center for Advancing Retail & Technology (CART) collects e-mail addresses from a variety of sources including if you send us an email, sign up for an account and if you download materials. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by site registrations. Such information may contain personal data about you including your employer, address, phone number, etc. CART protects the information; however, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing our services to you. The information we collect is not shared with, sold or rented to others except under certain circumstances and which your use of the Service is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- CART employs other companies to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. CART may also share your information to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
Please read the Terms of Service for your legal obligations.
What we do with your information:
- When you register for CART we ask for your name, company name, email address, and other identifying information.
- CART uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- As part of functionality on CART, providers will obtain your email address and contact information. By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to users’ Personal Information that you obtain through CART or through a CART-related communication or CART-facilitated transaction, CART hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for CART-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. CART does not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add the name of someone who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CART may use third party service providers to provide certain services to you and we may share Personal Information with such service providers. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of services for CART.
- CART may disclose Personal Information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA) and other similar services. GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’.
Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google, AdRoll or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see. Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads from third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/) and you may be able to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.