CART Weekly Report 3/7/19
CART, Advancing Retail
- Gary's Take: While supermarket retailers are focused on the shift online, Amazon represents a much more significant threat as it is poised to disrupt the very business model that drives US supermarket retail. And on top of that, Amazon is deftly bringing the pieces together as the food industry and healthcare converge. This and more is discussed in my latest book "Retail in the Age of I".
- Gary's Take: Amazon represents a threat to traditional supermarket retail far beyond the move online. Amazon is poised to truly disrupt the business model that all but a few grocery retailers rely on to power sales and profits. My latest book, "Retail in the Age of 'I'" (available on Amazon - where else?) explores this threat and more.
From the floor of the National Grocers Association (NGA) Show in San Diego, “Retail Tomorrow” host Kevin Coupe engages with a power panel of retailers and experts in a discussion of the unique technology challenges and opportunities facing independent retailers, which often are without the resources available to larger competitors, but that often have the cultural flexibility to experiment and innovate.
- Lauren Johnson, CEO/President, Newport Avenue Markets, Bend, Oregon.
- Lisa Mangino Swanson, Communications Director, Hugo's Family Marketplace, Grand Forks, North Dakota.
- Sterling Hawkins, Co-founder, Center for Advancing Retail & Technology (CART).
- Tom Furphy, CEO/Managing Director, Consumer Equity Partners.
- Glen Terbeek, the retired force behind Anderson Consulting’s Smart Store initiative (who brings uncommon sense and historical perspective to the conversation).
Retail in the Age of ‘I’ - A New World View for the Retail Industry | by Gary Hawkins now available on Amazon
GIVING INDEPENDENT GROCERS AN ECOMMERCE BOOST By Jim Dudlicek, Progressive Grocer
Featured Blog of the Week:
Guest blog by Ted Matwijec, Managing Director, ACT Operations Research - Raleigh, NC
Learn how knowing your constraints and customer demands feeds sophisticated algorithms to provide optimal routing and balance delivery vs costs... >>LEARN MORE
INFLUENCER MARKETING AND STORY-TELLING IN RETAIL - Los Angeles Immersion Event - March 19-21
The fifth Retail Tomorrow Immersion will take us to LA and put you in the middle of the latest thinking in storytelling, “influencing” in its many forms, and how both are impacting retailers and brands. We’ll do a deep dive on this subject at Google and YouTube’s glittering new campus at the historic former Howard Hughes airfield.
We help incubate ideas, concepts, products, services and other solutions with our community of retailers, brands, suppliers, innovators and other thought leaders to improve the overall shopping experience for the consumer.
We're bringing together a highly exclusive group of 40+ retailers and brands.
You'll have 10-15 minutes to present 1 on 1.
DON'T DELAY!! APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 11 FOR THE SPRING 2019 RETAIL INNOVATION PITCH EVENT
About the Author
CART is Advancing Retail by connecting the industry to innovation. Retailers, wholesalers and brands utilize CART to find, research and connect with solutions appropriate for their businesses. Solution providers use CART as a go-to-market tool that connects them directly to their target retail audience, all the way into the brick and mortar store itself. CART has unparalleled insight into what’s next in retail and shares this information regularly through multiple channels.
CART Registered Due Diligence:
First level due diligence ensuring the solution is valid and viable.