Cognitec Systems GmbH
FaceVACS-VideoScan detects and identifies persons of interest in real time while computing demographic and behavioral data, supporting security staff, marketing departments and operations management in one application.
The application detects people’s faces in live video streams or video footage and stores video sequences of cropped faces (face streams) for each appearance in front of a camera.
Anonymous analysis of all face streams over time allows the software to compute people count, demographical information, people movement in time and space, and to detect frequent visitors and crowds.
FaceVACS-VideoScan also performs real-time identity checks against image databases to find known persons and alert appropriate staff.
FaceVACS-VideoScan Enterprise Solution
FaceVACS-VideoScan Enterprise Solution provides a subscription-based, managed system, installed and administered by Cognitec or a Cognitec partner at the customer’s premises.
Cognitec has selected optimal computing and camera equipment to guarantee specific performance criteria.
FaceVACS-DBScan instantly compares facial images from various sources to large image databases, supporting the biometric identification, comparison, and verification of persons.
Law enforcement professionals can identify individuals in crime scene photos, videos stills and sketches by matching facial images against the agency's mugshot repository. ID issuance agencies can compare ID portraits to large image databases to prevent ID fraud or detect clerical errors.
The Examiner toolset can enhance images for better comparison to the gallery. For example, image processing filters can improve the quality of images retrieved from low quality video footage. The pose correction filter uses 3D modeling technology to generate frontal views of faces taken under lateral angles. Examiner also provides a set of inspection tools that help identify the person by comparing images side by side or by measuring facial features.
Operators can develop watch lists of potential matches while recording a full audit trail for each step in the process. Finding a suspect in a timely manner allows investigators to act upon the search results in the critical time period after a crime has been committed.
FaceVACS-Entry combines smart hardware for image acquisition with market-leading software for verification processes, and is ready for integration into electronic gates (eGates) at border control checkpoints. The technology allows travelers to complete self-service border control procedures in less than 15 seconds.
The system detects the person’s face, adjusts the position of the cameras according to the person’s height and then captures best-quality images that guarantee high verification accuracy. The software instantly verifies the live images against biometric photos stored in passports, other ID documents and/or facial image databases.
A proprietary sensor, able to distinguish between human faces and artifacts like printed images and masks, detects presentation attacks.
FaceVACS-PortraitAcquisition streamlines the production of high-quality photos for ID documents that are suitable for face recognition. The product features a graphical user interface to visually manage and operate the acquisition process and assess key technical characteristics such as frontal pose, uniform lighting, glasses and open eyes.
The software is able to check all mandatory requirements and best practice recommendations of ISO 19794-5 standard full frontal image type, and other international standards. The application supports web services (SOAP) for easy integration into existing document issuing processes and applications.
- Leading the industry
Cognitec's products incorporate state-of-the-art technologies relevant to working with facial images, in particular image processing, computer vision, and pattern recognition technologies. Algorithmic optimization since 1995 has resulted in superior independence from facial variances such as pose, mimic, age variance, different hair styles, glasses or temporary lighting changes.
The latest version of our FaceVACS Technology, released November 2015, features the superior matching algorithms A16 and B10. The much smaller memory footprint of the A16 algorithm enables the development of face recognition applications for mobile devices. The release also incorporates an upgraded algorithm for age estimation and gender detection.
- Technology licensing
Cognitec’s FaceVACS Technology enables clients worldwide to develop new face recognition applications. It provides a clear and logical API for easy integration in other software programs.
Cognitec provides the FaceVACS Technology through customized software development kits, with a set of functions and modules specific to each use case and computing platform, and based on tailored software licensing agreements. Such specific use cases include: image quality check, verification for document issuance, and verification for access control.
- tracks multiple faces simultaneously
- compares faces against image galleries in real time
- displays real-time signals when user-defined events occur
- displays and exports statistics about people flow, visitor demographics, and client behavior
- sends signals and statistics to mobile devices
- supports interactive enrollment from still image and live video stream
- includes integrator kit for video systems, including C++ API and web services API
- provides high scalability in terms of watch list size, number of video streams and number of visible faces
FaceVACS-VideoScan Enterprise Solution Features:
The implementation of a complete and managed system allows for:
- maximum biometric performance
- faster, easier installation and configuration
- efficient system upgrades
- guaranteed availability
- reduced support, maintenance and training efforts
- powerful toolset for image quality enhancement and visual inspection of matches
- cluster configurations for multi-million person database processing
- flexible and comfortable match list handling that allows sorting, rearranging, browsing, filtering and more
- batch and interactive enrollments and identifications
- flexible management of additional case-related data
- integrator kit for easy integration into existing systems
- prebinning by bin sets
- one-to-few requests
- high availability option
- consists of face recognition software and panel hardware and firmware
- modular, flexible design
- mobile unit moves into optimal vertical position based on face location in less than 2 seconds
- monitor shows live image of the person and displays user instructions
- proprietary sensor detects presentation attacks (masks, printed images, video material)
- incorporates Cognitec’s latest face recognition algorithm
- industry-leading accuracy levels: 0.1 % false acceptance rate, at less than 2 % false rejection rate
- user-friendly interface for easy integration
- installs onto certified glass surfaces or can be ordered with glass cover
- reliable automated acquisition process
- checks frontal pose, eyes open, wearing glasses, uniform lighting, head size, head position, image dimensions, mouth open, head rotation, tinted glasses, red eye, eye gaze frontal, exposure, grey scale, skin color, hot spots, sharpness
- clear graphical user interface
- configurable parameters and thresholds
- support for selected DSLR and industrial cameras (contact us for a list of supported cameras)
- flexible image cropping
- configurable output (image size, image type, image format)
- flexible integration into customer workflow via web services
FACEVACS TECHNOLOGY FEATURES:
- powerful face localization and face tracking on images and video streams
- industry-leading matching algorithms for enrollment, verification and identification
- accurate portrait characteristics check for gender, age, pose deviation, exposure, glasses, eyes closed, uniform lighting detection, unnatural color, image and face geometry
- ISO 19794-5 full frontal image type checks and formatting as required for ePassports
- supports multiple algorithms to work with two-dimensional intensity data, or two-dimensional data and corresponding range data (3D data)
About the Company
Cognitec - The face recognition company
With a clear focus on face recognition technology, we are committed to delivering the best performance available on the market.
Cognitec develops market-leading face recognition technologies and applications for customers and government agencies around the world. Various independent evaluation tests have proven the premier performance of our FaceVACS® software. Cognitec’s portfolio includes products for facial database search, video screening and analytics, border control, ICAO compliant photo capturing and facial image quality assessment. Corporate headquarters are located in Dresden, Germany; other offices in Rockland, MA, USA and Sydney, Australia. Cognitec offers innovative, easy-to-use, and customizable software products and ensures straightforward integration and deployment, mainly through “open-system” architecture and unparalleled technical support. Around the globe, other companies have developed and continue to create new solutions using Cognitec’s technology—testament to the technical proficiency and customer-friendliness of our products.
Not CART Registered:
Solution has yet to be registered and verified. Learn More